Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas 2009

OK pretty sad that the last time I posted was July but I would rather read other peoples blogs than update my own.
Lots has been going on of course in the last 5 months but I won't recap all of it. We went to NY in July, Disney in October, celebrated our little girl's 3rd birthday in November and see how quickly we are into December?
November and Decmeber has had highlights and lowlights. My mother-in-law was here for 3 weeks which was wonderful, especially since I was sick and was hosting Thanksgiving for 15 people. While she was here we tackled a reupholstering project for Frank's grandma, visited the Billy Graham Library and did some Christmas shopping. Other highlights have been decorating for Christmas (kudos to my husband who got the entire outside of my house done Thanksgiving morning), talking with Claire about the true meaning of Christmas and enjoying the performance our church gave on Sunday. What a fantastic job they did telling the birth of our savior, Jesus, through music.
The lowlights, well, my dad fell and broke his hip and is still in the hospital recovering from a full hip replacement. We are praying for no infections, speedy healing, and that he will come home soon.
Fortunately for me there hasn't been a whole lot of hustle and bustle and rushing to the store to get last minute gifts. It just seems a lot simpler this year. Thank goodness because it's nice to sit back and reflect what the season really is about.
Well, until next time and hopefully it won't be five months.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas,
e-

1 comment:

Jay Whipple said...

See and learn more about Rev. Billy Graham and over 75 other sites on Charlotte's Longest-Running Daily City Tour presented by Queen City Tours and Travel!